Friday, August 14, 2009

iPhone Network Interface Toggles

iPhone 3GS connects wirelessly to networks in several ways. It connects over Edge, 3G and WiFi. Depending on your situation, sometimes you might want to turn on 3G and turn off WiFi. Or vice versa. If you leave 3G and WiFi on all the time, then you'll soon notice that the battery won't last long. This is really not such a problem because you can just go into settings to turn these items on or off as needed. But after doing that a few times, you'll notice that it's a royal pain.

I've been thinking about this for a long time. Could an app be written that could do this? Could hard buttons be used for toggles? No, the answer is easy and so far I haven't seen anybody else write about this so I figured I would here. Apple should make it so that you can simply touch the icons to toggle them on or off. Simple as that. Take a look at the animation below.




...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool article you got here. I'd like to read a bit more concerning this topic. The only thing it would also be great to see on this blog is a few pics of some gizmos.
Kate Flouee
Phone jammer

Sean said...

Great idea, thanks! I was just wondering, could I ask how you discovered my blog article here?