Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Superman Returns


I finally watched this movie on Monday night (it was really hot and I needed to get out of the apartment for awhile anyway). I decided I wanted to see it for the first time on the big screen but wanted to wait until after the crowds died down. I knew this was going to be a special movie so I was kinda waiting for the perfect time to see it too (like,.. after dealing with all that stress last couple weeks). I have to say, I am really impressed with this one. I almost feel like Christopher Reeve's soul was in this movie. When you can watch a movie and almost start to believe that a hero like that can truly exist, then they've done their job making the movie great. The special effects were truly outstanding! The way they made Superman fly, etc. was so eloquently done. I am torn between the airplane scene in this movie and the train scene in Spider-Man 2 in terms of which one was more super-heroic. I liked how they paid homage in a very subtle way to Action Comics magazine. There were a couple things I didn't like about the movie (a little long and a tad too romanticalish) but I am looking past those minor details. I think Christopher Reeve would've been proud of this one.

Oh,.. also got the see the teaser trailer for Spider-Man 3 on the big screen which was cool (better than the Apple Quicktime version on the computer). I can't wait for that! Wow! There were a few subtle parts in the trailer that only the die-hard true believer would notice which I thought was kinda cool. Like the .00005 second shot of Gwen Stacy for instance. Good good stuff. Can't wait!

No comments: