Thursday, April 26, 2007

Linksys WPC54G on Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

First of all, I have say.. after months of not being able to make this work, this one post I happened to stumble across finally got me up and running. So to whoever wrote this,.. thanks.

link: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=185650

Now I'm going to document this here to just to make sure I don't lose this info. =)


First, install this firmware cutter tool. The x's aren't variables by the way,.. That is the actual name of the program you are installing. Just copy paste the line into your terminal.
# sudo apt-get install bcm43xx-fwcutter

Next, you should find a good version of the 'bcmwl5.sys' file. I just downloaded the closest match of drivers I could find for my card from the Linksys website and used the file from that. Anyway, once you have it,.. do this..
# bcm43xx-fwcutter -w /lib/firmware/ /path/to/bcmwl5.sys

Of course to get your kernel version you can just do this
# uname -a

No comments: