Thursday, May 13, 2010

Google Chrome 5.0.375.38 (beta) extensions crashing on Fedora 12

Just a few minutes ago I installed Google Chrome on Fedora 12. I started configuring it, adding extensions, etc. So I installed the "Google Mail Checker Plus" extension. Everytime I launched Chrome, it crashed and displayed an annoying error bar. And when it crashes like that, it doesn't show up on the extensions options page. So here's how to remove it. Just go to the directory that Google extensions are stored in and either wipe it all out or just find the problem one and delete it. I chose to wipe out the whole folder and reinstall all the extensions.

Here is the location:
/home/{username}/.config/google-chrome/Default/Extensions

If you wipe out the contents of the directory, then you can launch Chrome and all the problem stuff shows up on the extensions options page. From there you can cleanly uninstall. Anyway, I wrote this real quick but you get the idea.

...

No comments: