Friday, June 17, 2011

No New Pictures or Videos Were Found on This Device [FIX]

The problem is that sometimes when you connect a camera to a Windows 7 computer, it won't download all the pictures because it *thinks* it's already downloaded some of them. And that may be true but maybe you just want to redownload them anyway. Well here's how. Simply rename the file, "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Photo Acquisition\PreviouslyAcquired.db" to "..\PreviouslyAcquired.db.old". And that's it!

I found this information from here: http://www.ardamis.com/2009/12/09/fixed-no-new-pictures-or-videos-were-found-on-this-device/

4 comments:

Lora said...

I have just tried this fix, but it didn't work for me. I even rebooted my computer, but it still won't upload the pictures. Do you know what else can be done? Thank you in advance.

Sean said...

Here's some ideas: Plug in the camera. Open the "Computer" icon. The camera's memory card will show up as a drive letter there. Double-click on the drive letter and then find your pictures and copy/paste them to a folder on your computer. If that doesn't work, then try on a different computer if you can. Once you are sure you have all your photos copied, then format the memory card from within the camera's settings so that any future photos will start fresh.

Lora said...

I had used the program that came with my camera to upload the pictures, but thank you for your prompt reply.

Anonymous said...

I did this a while back, and it worked, but it has stopped working. I haven't updated the software or anything but it is very frustrating.